Sunday, 4 July 2010

On the Countdown!

First things first....Happy 4th July to my American friends and most especially Happy Anniversary to my dearly beloved! 13 years today! Time has flown by and I wouldn't change a minute of it!

We have been having a lovely little day. We were meant to be child free as both my kids were to go to my mum and dad's for a few days, but alas, James thought better of it and came home with me again. Not quite the anniversary I had planned but still lovely!! :o)

I began my day with breakfast in bed with my two men (!!) and after church it was off out to a lovely lunch and then a rather stormy drive around the coast, narrowly missing blowing branches! We did stop for ice cream for the men and a coffee for me!

Since we came in I have moved into countdown mode. ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO!! SCOTLAND HERE WE COME!

The house has to be cleaned thoroughly before I go as my brother and sister in law are coming to stay while we are away. Can't having them find any dust behind the furniture if they should choose to look! LOL!!

Washing also has to be up to date so I can begin thinking of packing. Lists have been made for what to bring and I am starting to put things aside.

Actually reading this is making it look as though I am packing for a major expedition to Outer Mongolia where I will be lacking all conveniences and supplies!! You would think after all these years of going to the same place I would have finally learnt how to pack light, BUT NO, Catherine feels she has to pack the car with ALL HER WORLDLY GOODS!
Ah well, as long as there's room for the little bits of shopping that may just been done here, here (it hasn't made it to Northern Ireland yet!!), here and here!!

What I am really looking forward to though is time with Peter and the kids, drinking in the views and some relaxation, reading and hooky time with copious amounts of coffee thrown in! And maybe, just maybe...a little sunshine thrown into the mix!




9 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have a lovely holiday in Scotland!

Thedarkerside73 said...

Happy Anniversary!

Oh packing that is the only downside to going away! I am sure you will get there.

Wishing you all a happy and sunny holiday.

MBB x

Katy Noelle said...

We had a lovely picnic and fireworks on the THIRD, of all things but it was very festive. I need to dig out my Sousa Marching Band and, then, we shall be complete. Thanks for your well wishes.

I am so happy for you and your weight loss (and your anniversary and your upcoming vacation). You encourage me, I know that I have to bite the bullet and just get to the exercising but it does drain my energy terribly.

It's so much fun to come back from a lovely vacation to an uber clean house. It kind of feels like living in one of the lovely places you visited, if you know what I mean. I hope that you have a WONDERFUL time!

Love, Katy

Jacquie said...

Thankyou for your comments Catherine ,just been catching up with your blog. Congratulations on your weight loss.
Hope you have a great holiday .
Jacquie x

Sarah said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a great holiday - there's nothing like a good bit of relaxation and some sunshine (hopefully!).
x

magsmcc said...

Oh I love Princes Square! How beautiful that will be; and how beautiful you will be as you glide gracefully around your favourite haunts! Bon voyage! The little blog you started chez moi is nearly one year old, and you are cordially invited to step by and sign up for the party bag!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time! And congrats on all your weight loss!

Funkymonkey said...

Have a wonderful holiday. Hope you remember to pack everything!

Tracey

VS said...

Happy anniversary & have a fabulous time in Scotland!!!
So glad I happened upon your beautiful blog. I look forward to follow along with you on life's many adventures!! :)
Smiles,
Susie