I wrote something!!! I have been lurking for the last few weeks....too pooped to even comment. I am sorry for visiting everyone and not staying to "talk", but I have REALLY enjoyed the visits, especially soaking up everyone's creativity(mine has got lost somewhere in the ether!!).
Does everyone else find this time of year incredibly busy? Maybe it's the sunshine and the increased energy means I see more that needs to be done? I love the fact we can be outside doing whatever needs done, the kids can be out playing and we can just enjoy....being!
I have also been really hard at work with the weight loss "programme". I have joined the gym in the nearby uni as they were offering a membership deal for the summer....3 months for £30. Now I usually find the gym a bit tedious but I am making a really big effort this time and am pleased with the results.
I began my weight loss on 1st February 2010 and weighed in at 13stone 10 pounds with a BMI of 35.1 (I am only 5' 2"). I was "comfortably" wearing a size 18, but feeling as though I could have moved up a size. Not a pleasant place to be!
As of Monday (14th June 2010) I am now 11 stone 3 pounds, with a BMI of 28.6, and am comfortably in size 14 trousers and a size 12 top with an occasional size 10!! I am over the moon with the progress so far. Just a bit more to go and I will be a very happy bunny!
My diet has improved dramatically, but although I hate to say it, exercise has been the key! I find it difficult to stay motivated and sometimes need encouraged to do it but it has made a huge difference to my shape. (Actually the sore bum I have today because of a bike ride yesterday had better be worth it!!!! LOL!!!).
As for everything else, the kids are cruising along towards their summer holidays. I can't believe that it is only two weeks today until they finish school for TWO months. They are looking forward to it, as am I. We all enjoy ditching the routine for a little while.
It also means we are on the countdown to our annual trip to Scotland. Everyone is looking forward to it but I think I am worse than everyone else!! I am literally crossing off the days on the calendar!!
The next few months blogging will be sporadic but I will try and pop by from time to time to catch up with everyone.
Have a fabulous summer, enjoy the sunshine and stay healthy!!
6 comments:
Well done with your weight loss!! I sometimes lack motivation to do my sports as well, but I always feel better after I've been. Keep it up!
And enjoy your holiday!
That's brilliant, really, it is, it's so hard to lose weight the healthy way, and I agree, exercise is key, even though most of us hate it. I had 2 c-sections and found it more difficult to get rid of the fat on my tummy than at anytime in my life, I do sit ups now and I can't believe the difference. Well done, we should all admire you, you deserve that size 10 top, but then I think you're lovely whatever size you are xxx
Good to hear from you! I know what you mean about being busy - I am sure it's phycological with the longer dys we find more to fill them!
Your weightloss is FANTASTIC! well done you and in such a short time! I wish I could get down to a size 18!!!!
Kath
x
Oh well done with the weight loss! That's brilliant. I forget how much earlier your children break up - ours still have 5 weeks to go. x
You are looking so fab and gorgeous. Well done!!
so impressed by your weight loss.
well done you xx
Post a Comment