Thursday, 2 April 2009

I thought I'd try and catch up a little on my blogging as I still lack much energy after the tummy bug. With the onset of Spring and fairly good weather here I have been able to get outside and begin clearing up around the house. The grass has got its first cut and the hedging has had a little trim. It's lovely to see the daffodils in bloom. I think they are such a cheery, sunny plant and they lift my spirits after the winter!
The big job that remains to be done outside is cleaning the frame of the conservatory....still not done. The weekend I planned to do it James had the bug (I've him to thank for passing it on :o( LOL!!). Once my energy levels are somewhat restored I'll tackle it.
I got some plants put in although our soil is heavy, waterlogged clay and I don't know how they'll take. I also planted some chives in a pot, replanted some aloe vera and have a gooseberry bush still to plant...not sure whether or not to try it in my poor soil or put it in an extra big pot.
On the weekend after St Pat's Day we had Mothering Sunday here. The kids had made me lovely cards and they gave a new case for my mobile phone which was much appreciated. I also got breakfast in bed and they made the lunch for me (I had prepared it the day before!! LOL!!!). The only down part of the day was that it was day James was sick and I spent the entire day nursing him on the sofa! The poor wee lamb felt so ill he didn't even speak until teatime and if you knew him that's a sure sign he's not well as normally he rarely stops to draw breath!! LOL!! Thankfully 24 hours seemed to get it out of his system.
We also spent a weekend with my parents. We brought an extra visitor with us for the weekend. She is an American girl who is studying here for five months as part of her course. Although she was born and bred in Boston, her daddy is from here and I know him really well. She herself doesn't feel like a foreign student as she is so used to coming here every year on holiday!!
It's funny..although I've haven't put finger to keypad I have been mentally blogging every day. In my mind I've always plenty to write but now when I'm actually doing it I can't think of anything else to write?!!! Ah well, that'll do for now....maybe later the old grey cells will start to work once again!!

No comments: