Can anyone teach me how to crochet anything but a chain?!! I want to be able to crochet squares or even a little flower and I find the book I have to difficult to follow ( a have sludge for a brain!! LOL!!). Please help!
Have you tried this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Klutz-Anne-Akers-Johnson/dp/1570548706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235513055&sr=8-1 ? I taught myself from it and I'd really recommend it. It teaches the American names for the stitches, but it's easy to learn the English ones afterward, once the basics are mastered. Hope you crack it... I've been so enjoying crocheting this past year (it was a personal goal of mine to learn it in January last year). Esther
I can't crochet (properly) or knit, and I am very envious of those who can. I did crochet a little tiny doll hat once and a necklace when I was little, but that is as fancy is I got. LOL! I have tried knitting before, but it just isn't my thing.
Hope you can figure it out. It would be fun to make crochet squares!
2 comments:
Have you tried this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Klutz-Anne-Akers-Johnson/dp/1570548706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235513055&sr=8-1 ? I taught myself from it and I'd really recommend it. It teaches the American names for the stitches, but it's easy to learn the English ones afterward, once the basics are mastered. Hope you crack it... I've been so enjoying crocheting this past year (it was a personal goal of mine to learn it in January last year). Esther
I can't crochet (properly) or knit, and I am very envious of those who can. I did crochet a little tiny doll hat once and a necklace when I was little, but that is as fancy is I got. LOL! I have tried knitting before, but it just isn't my thing.
Hope you can figure it out. It would be fun to make crochet squares!
Andrea
Post a Comment