So....what capers have been occurring chez moi?
Kids...
As you all knew Amy started a new school and I think it could easily be said that I was a James has settled well into Primary 4. He loves school and learning. He is my reader. I cannot keep him in books. He usually has more than one on the go...just like his mummy! This year he has been allowed to join some after school clubs which he has taken to with much relish. With these, Amy's after school activities, and their various evening activities I have considered getting a little neon taxi sign for the top of my car as this seems to be my ever increasing role in life! Hee! Hee!
Home...
When not running after the kids I have just been keeping the house ticking along. I love the Autumn but it is a time when I feel I need to ground myself at home or I become agitated and unsettled (there is an element of SAD at work here!). This year I decided to pencil out days in the week where I stayed at home. I made sure I made no other plans and arranged any appointments or jobs for other days. It has been the best thing I could have done. I start my days slowly, get the kids out to school, Peter out to work, and then start on my lists for the day. I need lists, not necessarily long lists, but lists nonetheless, for my days to feel sorted. I potter along at my own pace, get things done and take great pleasure in putting a line through each item on my list as it is done! Having my house in some sort of order keeps my head in order! I have plans for decorating but they are on a list for after Christmas!
Craft....
On a Tuesday morning I try to make it to a knitting/crochet group in Parlour Yarns. I have been working a little on a tunic that I began knitting in August but it has been slow progress as I interrupted it by knitting a few small Christmas presents and trying to get my crochet Ripple Blanket finished. Tonight everyone was out for a while and I FINALLY FINISHED MY RIPPLE!!! YAY!!!!! I totally love it and thankfully so does its recipient! Amy is already wrapped in it! I will have to prise it off her for photographs in the morning!
Maybe now the tunic will have a hope of being finished!
Anyway, that's a very general catch-up on our goings on for the last two months. Hopefully I will be more faithful in my blogging in the weeks to come. Next week the kids are off for half term and so there will be some welcome down time. Enjoy your week!
6 comments:
It is great Amy has settled into her new school.It seems when they move into secondary school that they are going into the big,wide world.I love your blanket.I so love crocheted blankets whether squares or ripples.I have just finished a squares one for the back of the sofa in the lounge.I must get round to taking a photo and blogging it!All in good time.
It's so nice to see you!
I'm so glad Amy loves her school!
Oh, and I LOVE bookworms!
Your ripples turned out great! I'll pop over to Ravelry and check on your knitting. Happy almost November!
So glad Amy is settling in to her new school well, its as anxious a time for the parents as the new pupils I think! And we get to do it all over again next year too! Your blanket is beautiful! I'm sure Amy loves it.
I am glad Amy is settled :)
Love the ripple blanket. I know what you mean about house stuff - I have been so busy that the house and hence my head was a mess - lol. All sorted now though - phew!!
Happy half term.
L.x.
Hello Catherine, what a relief that Amy's new school has worked out for her. It is a worry isn't it? It's great that James is such a good reader too. My daughter Lois, loves books, but she tends to let me read them to her. I am hoping that any day now she will read for herself.
Many thanks for your comments on my blog, it seems the 'Country' theme is the most popular.
Your ripple blanket is gorgeous, such great colours. Well done for seeing it through to completion.
Happy Halloween to you all, love Linda x
Hi Catherine,
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Couldn't reply as you are a 'no-reply' blogger so I'm just saying hello here!
Nice to hear from another NI blogger!
Your ripple blanket is lovely. I love the border.. I never bothered with one on mine but it really finishes it off well. And you chose lovely colours.
Good luck with all the Christmas preparations. Your fruit cake sounds lovely!
Helen xx
Post a Comment