Mid morning a friend called round with her sewing machine, which she has yet to use. It is a bit temperamental and from what I can see needs a good service but as it is an older Singer I think it has plenty of years in it yet. We are planning a little sewing morning for her to learn how to use the machine and make her very first cushion. If she takes to sewing the way she took to crochet she will be an amazing sewer. August, one year ago, she took up a crochet hook for the first time, and two weeks ago she wore a dress which she crocheted herself to her brother's wedding! It is absolutely gorgeous!
The rest of this evening will be spent supervising homework and doing a few taxi runs but I might be able to squeeze in a little more crochet here and there! :)


2 comments:
I saw this dress in progress over the summer- amazing!
I am busy with a crochet project at the moment - cannot believe it is less than 2 years since I came to Belfast and you taught me to crochet- I shall forever be grateful!! xx
Post a Comment