Monday, 20 May 2013

Crafting Therapy

The last few months have been largely taken up with health issues of, at the beginning other family members and latterly myself, so with the exception of many, many visits to various hospitals and health establishments, the rest of my time has been mainly spent at home. To distract and occupy, I have spent a lot of that time crafting....knitting, crocheting and sewing. Here are some of the fruits of my labours....
 A cardigan for James

 A waistcoat for myself


 A top
 A "duvet" skirt...made from the back of a duvet cover!!

 The cross-stitch was not done by me...I bought it at a summer fair in Scotland two years ago and it became the inspiration for my newly decorated "Scottish" bedroom. I removed it from the frame and made the cushion cover to which it is sewn on to.

My new crochet top...pattern is from the recent issue (5) of Simply Crochet

WIPs
New socks...work in progress on its partner!

A New Throw using James C. Brett Woodlander...loving the colours!

A little playing around...not sure what it will end up as yet!!

There are also three more skirts on the go. I am loving this busyness! There are times when the creative juices dry up so I make the most of the times when they flow. I am itching to get something else on the knitting needles as socks are a project for the car and sitting in waiting rooms! I just cannot make up my mind as to what the next project should be!! Any ideas?!

5 comments:

magsmcc said...

Goodness, this is, as always, most, most impressive and very, very lovely! Hope you are recovering health and strength x

busybusybeejay said...

Good to hear from you again.Crafting is a great distraction when there are trouble some things going on.Hope all improves soon and very,very impressed with your output.You're on a roll!

Unknown said...

Oh my ... I am impressed it is all looking wonderful I love the duvet skirt!!

It is good to hear from you!

x

flowers on my table said...

Gosh you have been an industrious little bee! I do hope that all is well with you and yours now? The whole hospital business is very draining and time consuming. i hope you will be able to put it behind you. Much love to you, Linda x

Nicky said...

Hope everything is ok, love all your creativity. x