I have spent the last year worrying about school tests and what school Amy could be going to next year. This morning I have realised how unimportant in the big scheme of things this really is. I should be happy and content that I have two healthy and happy children. I heard an hour ago that a local family whom I know have lost a three year old child. There was no history of illness. We think she had a fit of some sort this morning and she simply died. I am stunned. I cannot begin to imagine the depths of their grief. I can only pray that they can find some comfort.
7 comments:
Perspective, indeed! These moments...there isn't a whole lot I can think of to say.
Catherine,
so sorry for your friend's loss, it is a very sobering thing the death of a little one.Your children will be fine wherever they go to school I am sure of it. Have a lovely day, despite your sorrow. Love Linda x
So sorry to read this Catherine. Words seem quite irrelevant - and such moments make us hold our own children even closer, and we realise how trivial many of our anxieties for them really are.
May God comfort and strengthen your friends through this tragic time.
love and prayers xx
Such sad news.How you cope with that and being unexpected as well ,I just don't know.With such a loving family your daughter will be fine whichever school she goes to.
Sorry to hear your sad news :(
How terribly sad it certainly puts things into perspective doesnt it ,i often say as long as we are all healthy thats all that matters xxx
That is so terribly terribly sad. One cannot imagine the grief.
As you rightly say, it puts it all into perspective and reminds you of the really important things in life - the health and happiness of those you love.
Take care
Gill xx
Post a Comment