Before I go back to the washing, ironing, packing...and screeching... I must show you the socks I have started to knit. My mum got me started a few days ago. The legs unfortunately could be VERY long as I didn't have time to stay and learn how to turn the heel!! Watch this space to see how they turn out!
Saturday, 4 July 2009
What is it about packing for a so called relaxing holiday that turns me into a screeching banshee?! My poor children get shouted at and told to remove themselves from my sphere of screech!!! I make lists and lists and lists and get VERY frazzled carrying out all the activities. For some reason the week or so before we go away my washing and ironing fall behind and then I feel I have to catch up in the day before we head off?!!! Then I also start into projects that are well intended but done at TOTALLY the wrong time...like making a Happy Birthday banner to take to Scotland for Amy's birthday!! I'm sure printing one out on the computer would have been adequate but well, Margaret inspired me so I had to produce a reusuable fabric one...today..the day before we head off!!

The photos don't do it justice especially with the floral ironing board background but hopefully I'll get better photos when it is hung for the big day.
Before I go back to the washing, ironing, packing...and screeching... I must show you the socks I have started to knit. My mum got me started a few days ago. The legs unfortunately could be VERY long as I didn't have time to stay and learn how to turn the heel!! Watch this space to see how they turn out!
Catherine x
Before I go back to the washing, ironing, packing...and screeching... I must show you the socks I have started to knit. My mum got me started a few days ago. The legs unfortunately could be VERY long as I didn't have time to stay and learn how to turn the heel!! Watch this space to see how they turn out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your Birthday banner and I'm sure it will look great on the day. I hope that you all have a lovely holiday and that the weather here in Scotland stays nice and sunny for you :O)
The Birthday banner is gorgeous!The sock could be very interesting if you don't know how to turn a heel, but hey,your way ahead of me as I don't know how to knit with 4 pins!
Happy Holidays to you!
Rachel x
Post a Comment